[Ryedale] Welcome to RyeLUG Paul Elliott

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 21 12:13:44 UTC 2009

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the comprehensive introduction and I must apologise for the
lateness of my reply.

As you will have realised we are a pretty sleepy group at best, only
marginally more active than Beverley's LUG.  I'm very glad to see Hull
LUG coming together again and York have just had an install fest.  So I
think it's time I made more effort to rekindle some life here in
Ryedale.

While my own level of knowledge and experience is rather limited in
comparison to your own, RyeLUG has others who you will be able to have
discussions at a similar level.

The number of meets RyeLUG has had this year can easily be counted on
one hand, so it is high time we had another.  We normally meet on the
third Monday of the month, or have done in the past, but have passed
that for this month and that will be too close to Xmas for December, so
I suggest something earlier in Dec.  I might have to go around with a
cattle prod to wake up the others, but I think we might be able to get a
few together to meet up, perhaps in Will's Bar in Malton.

So once again Paul, a warm welcome to you and hope to meet you sometime.

Toodle pip,

Alistair Girling

Home-page:                      <http://al.sdf-eu.org>