[Ryedale] Hull LUG's Ubuntu Release Party 31 Oct 09

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 15 09:22:29 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

Just had this arrive from Hull LUG.  The message was automatically
binned by the mail server as it's in HTML.  I'm very pleased to see that
Hull LUG seems to be back on it's feet again.  Maybe we can get together
to go and visit them.

Anyway, here's the original message.

/******************************** Start *******************************

On Saturday 31st October, a couple of days after the release of Ubuntu
9.10 'Karmic Koala' Hull LUG will be proudly hosting the first Ubuntu
Release Party the have ever been held our region. Our good friend Craig,
the Manager of the Old Grey Mare, Cottingham Road, has agreed to our
using the pub as a venue. (Map here; http://microurl.org//8)

The party starts at 1.00pm, and runs until at least 5pm, during which
time we'll have a number of machines (desktops, laptops & netbooks) set
up running Ubuntu 9.10. We'll also do a clean install onto an old (cira
1999/2000) desktop, just to show how how this new o/s runs on old
hardware. Although we have to pack up the kit about 5pm, there's nothing
to stop the party itself carrying on!!!

We will also have some discs to had out on the day, and we invite you to
come along to what we hope to be the first of many similar events.

The Old Grey Mare is the pub directly opposite Hull University Campus,
it serves good food, and if we have to sell the event to you any more –
the beer is well priced too!!!

If you have any questions, thought's or ideas about the event, please
come over to our forums and add your comment:
http://hulllug.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=196

Hope to see you there

Dave Harding
Liaison Secretary