[Ryedale] How to install webcam in Ubuntu?

ALEX SISMAKOV alex.armani at live.co.uk
Mon Aug 30 08:55:03 UTC 2010

How to install webcam with Ubuntu?Hi folks! I'm having problems getting my webcam to work with Ubuntu. I have two webcams, and neither work. I've installed Cheese, and when one of the cameras is plugged into the usb, I can see the device, and it shows the same resolutions that it used to work at when I had XP Pro, but I get no picture at all. Anybody got any tips? I'm a bit of a Linux newbie; have been running Ubunbtu Studio for about 6 months now, and slowly getting to grips with everything. I'd like to use webcam with Skype and Pidgin. Any help would be appreciated. 64 bit Ubuntu 1o.o4 Studio distribution. Thanks, from Alex.
--
 Alex Jorvik, Viking - Digital Musician
+447966062067 - Www.Matrixism.Me.UK