[Ryedale] Internet down on boot cd, and both Linux partitions but ok on XP Pro

Alex Armani alex.armani at live.co.uk
Wed Dec 29 07:55:00 UTC 2010

Hi folks. A strange problem. I've got two Ubuntu 1o.1o partitions (64 bit Desktop and 64 bit Studio distributions) and an 32 bit XP Pro on my main pc (one hard drive) and internet has gone down on both the Linux partitions, but is okay on XP Pro. I booted off my gigstick (32 bit Lubuntu 1o.o4) and internet is down on that too. I'd presume a hardware failure but XP Pro works fine! Also on my router (I don't wifi, go straight in on the ethenet for both my PCs) I have a PC with 32 bit Lubunbtu 1o.1o, and that works fine. Any suggestions? It's a right pain having to reboot into XP whenever I need to go online....
Aha, tia from Alex.
--
 Alex Armani - Digital Musician
+44 775 459 5449 - Www.Matrixism.Me.UK www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=513074140Add me to your Mafia Wars!