[Ryedale] Mail problems

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 27 13:36:02 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

Good to know it wasn't me going mad or my machine getting cranky.  this
from the Lugmasters list:

Somewhere around 15:00 on Monday, our mail server had a network
problem and stopped responding to the outside world. We finally
noticed at approximately 19:00 last night, when someone asked about it
on the #linux IRC channel. (Yes, we probably need better monitoring in
place). It was fixed shortly afterwards, and most queued mail should
have made it through from other mail queues by now.

Good to see it's all back to normal now.

Alistair Girling

Home-page:                      <http://al.sdf-eu.org>