[Ryedale] New LUG

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 08:24:18 UTC 2010

Hi Alex,

On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 07:50:21AM BST, ALEX ARMANI wrote:

> Second Friday every month. South Cliff, Scarborough. 1o am -> 1o pm

I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but I've not seen you attempt to
get any life out of the existing Scarborough LUG list.  Ross is still
active on the Lugmasters list and there has been activity on the list
this year.  Your 'New Lug' post might well be seen as a tad rude as a
first post to the mailing list of an existing LUG.

I'm sure that many here would be pleased to see new life breathed into
the Scarborough LUG as many of us here at RyeLUG have held
administrative roles at SLUG.  I think the last meet SLUG held was the
joint GnuPG keysigning with us a couple of years a go.  I think simply
starting get together social meets your best option, but don't expect to
get a flood of folks through the door.

Jamie who formed SLUG is still subscribed to this list and I'm sure he'd
be delighted to see someone pick up the baton.

Best of luck,

Alistair Girling

Home-page:                      <http://al.sdf-eu.org>