[Ryedale] 17th May meeting

Paul Elliott omahns.home at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 20:05:42 UTC 2010

Hi all,

On 25 May 2010 11:19, Al Girling <al at gcguk.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone made it to the meet or not.  Sorry for my, not
> being able to make it last minute, but it couldn't be helped.

It was just myself and David Richards at the last meeting. I had
brought along my new (even unopened!) O2 Joggler to play with. David
had picked one up earlier in the week and so took me through a guided
tour of the default installed OS, which turns out to be a flash
interface on top of a stripped down Ubuntu install. A thoroughly
enjoyable couple of hours.

Since then I've dabbled with running Ubuntu Netboot Remix and Google
Android on the device. The latter works quite well but only has
non-accelerated 2D graphics at the moment so it's quite sluggish. If
the Android x86 developers can add accelerated graphics then it will
be a very useful device.

Catch you all at the next meet.

--
Paul Elliott (omahn)