[Ryedale] Meetings over summer

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 08:45:55 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

I've been thinking I should set a date for our next meeting, but frankly
the enthusiasm escapes me.  I don't know about others but summer
evenings have always been poor for meetings.  So I'm going to suggest we
leave it for evening meets and resume those in September.

I've not forgotten about my suggestion to have a picnic.  The idea was
well received and deserves to be followed through.  A possible
alternative has attracted my attention though.  The Pocklington Canal
Amenity Society has a boat with which they run trips from Melbourne to
the Ferry Boat Inn at Thorganby for a pub lunch and return.  Would that
appeal to folks more?  Subject to cost etc of course.

Thoughts please?

Alistair Girling

Home-page:                      <http://al.sdf-eu.org>