[Ryedale] Meetings over summer

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 17:49:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 01:27:24PM BST, Paul Teasdale wrote:
> Hi Al,
> >
> > So I'm going to suggest we
> > leave it for evening meets and resume those in September.
> >
> I think that's probably a good idea.

Okay, I'll give it til the end of the week and if there's no objections
I'll do the necessary on the web site.

> > I've not forgotten about my suggestion to have a picnic.  The idea was
> > well received and deserves to be followed through.  A possible
> > alternative has attracted my attention though.  The Pocklington Canal
> > Amenity Society has a boat with which they run trips from Melbourne to
> > the Ferry Boat Inn at Thorganby for a pub lunch and return.  Would that
> > appeal to folks more?  Subject to cost etc of course.
> >
> I think I would prefer the canal trip if I could talk the other half in to
> that. After I would need someone to rescue me if we sank ;)

I think we'd be in safe hands, they'll probably issue you a bouyancy aid
if you really wanted one though! :)

> I don't have any objections to other LUG groups joining us and I guess you
> won't either. Let's see how the take up to the suggestion goes.

I think it could be a good opportunity to get together with another LUG,
so no objections from me.

I'll wait for a couple more replies before heading to Pock to find out
the details, but I think it would be very pleasant.  For those that
don't know, the Pocklington Canal is all SSSI and full of and surrounded
by loads of wildlife.  We regularly paddle it in the canoe with the trip
from Melbourne to Gardham Lock for a picnic a favourite of the boys.

Toodle pip,

Alistair Girling

Home-page:                      <http://al.sdf-eu.org>