[Ryedale] 17th May meeting

David Richards richards.malton at gmail.com
Sat May 15 16:58:29 UTC 2010

On 14.05.2010 09:04, Paul Elliott wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On 14 May 2010 08:32, Al Girling <al at gcguk.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hope to see you there.
>>
> I'm hoping to attend.
>
> I've just ordered a couple of O2 Jogglers this morning, assuming they
> arrive in time I'll bring one along.
>
> Homepage on O2: http://shop.o2.co.uk/joggler
> Real world use: http://jogglerwiki.info/index.php?title=Main_Page

Greetings Lug people, I hope to be able to make the meeting on Monday.

Hi Paul, I'm not sure if we have met, I'm a Ryedale LUG member too.
David Richards.

I saw your message yesterday just before I set of to York where I bought
a Joggler at the O2 shop. Thanks for the heads up.

Last night and today Ive been playing with it, I've done most of the
simple  things described in the forums and wiki but havnt yet managed to
boot it into linux, I think there may be a problem with my large USB
stiks so I have a new one on order for the purpose.

Since you have ordered two devices can I assume you intend to do some
trcky mods to yours, it seems that with a spare unit then you can
unbrick one with another by swapping the bios chip!.

It took me a while to find the correct file to enable telnet, this is a
link to it:
http://hackthejoggler.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=43&sid=d14b60f4572107cf867dc84a5894fb91
Most other instruction have worked without trouble, I've got ssh access
with winscp and putty working now.
Ive used the PMJ tools to add some natty apps including some BBC TV
stations.
I managed to get to the EFI boot prompt but stopped before adding a new
boot menu, I don't want to brick it just yet.

Ive just got an xterm window to appear on the display, cant get the
keyboard working though. I'de like this to be usable as a screen for my
openrd client box. I think this will be possible when Linux is installed.

Best regards, David.