[Ryedale] Next meeting date (was: Happy Birthday to US!)

Paul Teasdale pdt at ryetek.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 13:16:54 UTC 2011

> On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 08:32:42AM GMT, Paul Teasdale wrote:
>> > On 04/02/11 16:59, Al Girling wrote:
>
>> Anyhow here's a link for you Debian users out there:
>>
>> http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110205a
>
> Good news indeed.  I'm hoping this will inspire to take a bit more
> interest in the whole machine world thing again.
>
> I notice you write "you Debian users", you've not gone back to Slackware
> again have you - or have you been clearing out and found a Yggdrasil CD
> and couldn't resist? :p

No not at all :)

I'm still using Debian on my server but I'm way back at Sarge as I guess you
are. I've never done anything with Linux for months other than upgrade
Tracy's PC and my main PC from Ubuntu 8.04 LTS to 10.04 LTS but that's it
(other than normal everyday use of course). I've got everything setup the
way I like it and it just works.

I do intend to upgrade my Debian server now however as there are a few
things holding me back (such as been unable to make a secure FTP connection
from FileZilla to vsftpd because of a certain security feature that the
version of vsftpd in Sarge does not contain). I have even acquired a new
hard disk that I can use. Mind you it will be the same old problem I guess -
finding the time! However I am more determined now that Squeeze is here.

Regards,
Paul.