[Ryedale] Welcome to RyeLUG

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 12 17:44:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 01:50:55PM BST, Simon Iremonger wrote:
> On 2011-07-06 15:56, Al Girling wrote:
> > I'd just like to welcome Simon Iremonger to RyeLUG.  I'm sure you'll
> > have noticed that this isn't your busiest mail box.
> > Please feel free to post a little introduction about yourself so we
> > might get to know you a little.  You never know, what you write might be
> > what this group needs to get going again. Al
>
> Unfortunately I'm really just a mailing-list-lurker, not a local!
> I watch many lists for news of interest or things I can write
>   back about and help with.

Ah, fair enough.  I used to do the same to a number of LUGs.

> I'm actually around Wiltshire/Oxfordshire and Cambridge student
>   (Computer Science Tripos) in term-time, etc...

Okay, we're not likely to see you in the event that we actually manage to
get a meeting together.  Never mind.

> I had noticed lots of the lists are very quiet, I'm not sure what
>   to make of the whole dwindling user-groups thing.  Puzzle.
>   'my' group (wiltslug) is very quiet, too.  Stopped having
>   regular meetings  ;-(.

It does seem to be common throughout the Linux world, frankly, I doubt
there's the interest there used to be.  Who knows.

> Hope that helps,

Certainly does, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Toodle pip,

Alistair Girling

Home-page:                      <http://al.sdf-eu.org>