[Ryedale] Suse 12.1 and Gnome 3.2.1 first impressions.

ALEX ARMANI alex.armani at live.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 06:47:43 UTC 2012

Suse 12.1 and Gnome 3.2.1 first impressions.
Got my Suzi back now! Suse 12.1 Asparagus Thatis. She had been hiding on sda9 with a seperate home (never  tried that before!} on sda10.
Now then, how do I make Suse 12.1 number one in the Grub menu is what I need to know?
And also, how do I make all my 'buntus play cds? Not recognising either my internal cd rom or my usb liightscribe dvd  / cd writer but Suzi installed off the external and Windows 7 will play cds just fine.
Very impressed with Gnome 3.2.1 so far which i have been running for a couple of days and with Suse for the very first time.
And also how do I make a bootable Suzi on my gig stick? Always have run 'buntu the last couple years and Fedora 10 for a couple of months before that but I could never work our how to get that to play cds dvds or mp3s.
And also, how do i make Empathy display the names of the songs Banshee is playing.
And allso, where are the minimise buttons hiding? Only Chromium 18 has the min max and close buttons so they are definitely installed.
AHA! (Any help appreciated) from Alex & Genipher & Kharlotte.
ps when is the next LUG?--  Alex Armani - IT Consultant / Digital Musician +44 775 459 5449 - MYspace.com/Alex.Armani www.facebook.com/Alex.Armani.01.UK