[SC.LUG] Damn!

Martyn Kinder sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Dec 7 20:02:01 2002

Ian,

I live just outside Crewe, and yes I have DSL - wonderful innit?

I discussed this with Ian Morrison at JB a few years ago.

There are two problems as far as I can see,

- Setting a frequency reference accurate to about 1 part in 10^9 accessible
to both
- Measuring the distance between the two locations accurate to within a very
little bit.

Its much easier (but still bl**dy hard by amateur terms) to do something at
VHF or UHF, but I'm still willing to have a thin about it.

I all ready have a 10GHz Rx (well transciever) and I have a couple of ideas
for making a Dicke switch.
I suggest we take this off line now as this will bore the sc-lug crowd to
bits

My e-mail is mailto:martyn@czd.org.uk

Cheers

Martyn G0CZD