[SC.LUG] Meeting

Ian Molton sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Nov 24 02:36:02 2002

Hi.

Well, the SC-LUG meeting was apparently quite a success.

Many thanks to our speaker, who brough us a very interesting look into
the use of Linux supercomputing within Jodrell Bank, along with much
info about radio and optical astronomy, and signal analysis.

Perhaps we cna have an update on how the project progresses?

I cant remember who bought me my pint, but I will return the favour at
the next meet, of course.

There was some interest in my port of linux to ARM26 (Acorn Archimedes)
and my toshiba e740 (XScale PDA). I'll try to mention if I get anything
together. Likewise my Javastation.

What did people think about the installfest and CD distribution ideas?
Im certainly willing to bring hardware along to the odd 'fest, in order
to do net-installs, etc.