objectives [was Re: [SC.LUG] Meeting]

Richard Smedley sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Nov 25 17:08:01 2002

Robert wrote:

> I had to leave during some of the discussion on keeping the momentum
> going - the suggestion was to get the handout going we were discussing a
> bit back?

Indeed - the main priorities were seen as increasing
membership and finding a suitable permanent meeting
place.

The suggestion was to make up a leaflet and give it
out at computer fairs (Trafford, Winsford, Crewe,
Stoke-on-Trent), to raise awareness of the LUG and
the benefits of membership.
(Now we just need to think of some benefits ;^)

> Pushing free software and the LUG?

One suggestion for the leaflet was making one side
specific to the LUG, and the other generally
informative on the subject of Free Software - to
the benefit of all those handed the leaflet who may
not have been interested in the LUG.

Richard Smedley
Production Editor, Linux Format

Telephone +44 (0) 1225 442244 ext 5038