[Sc] Hi.

Robert sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Oct 5 20:25:01 2002

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, spyro@f2s.com wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Oct 2002 16:39:26 +0100
> Robert <robert@chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hoping sometime to work out how to use samba to connect with my (work)
>> W98 laptop.
>
> Been there, done that. Dunno everything, but enough to make it work...

I think it's the setup from the windows end although I guess I need to tell
the firewall (Bastille) to accept incoming traffic from the laptop's m/c name
and I don't want to open the firewall too much!

smbclient on the Linux box seems to work

>> A non booting AMD K600,
>
> A K6? K7-600? sorry, not sure :)

K6 - shorting problems - or brain problems

>> Used to have a perq but it was just too unwieldy..
>
> A perq ?

A workstation produced by ICL in the 1980s, it ran a flavour of Unix on an
A4 shaped screen, and the noise, sounded a bit like an ocean liner when
starting up. It was interesting in that len(char*) != len(int*)
Also the maximum symbol length for the linker was (I think) 8(!!)

I built LaTeX on it and it took all night to build the format file - it
didn't like the hyphenations

>> > Cool.
>> >

>> I hope so!
>
> where?