Cybot [was Re: [Sc] Re: [Fwd: Real Robots - Customer Enquiry]]

Richard Smedley sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Oct 30 16:35:00 2002

Ian Molton wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:23:40 +0000
> "Richard Smedley" <richard.smedley@futurenet.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Oops, sorry about the junk I just sent to the list,
> > not paying attention! :-/
>
> It was quite interesting... whats a cybot?

A cybot is a cute little Robot that you can build by
subscribing to a part-work called "Real Robots".
www.realrobots.co.uk

My children have been building it for nearly a
year now. It's been very educational - right from
assembling the gearbox from the first issue I've
been able to use it to practically illustrate
how things work :)

It can follow or avoid light. Ditto solid objects
thanks to ultrasound. It will also wiggle along
any course you care to construct with black
marker pan and paper.

It now has a remote control to set the various
modes and do other things - this will link up with
a PC at some time in the future (it will be a little
while before this is covered, so I was checking
with the manufacturers that this would not be an
MS-only option).

Anyway, when the computer interface does arrive, I'll
bring it to a LUG meeting :)

Richard Smedley
Production Editor, Linux Format

Telephone +44 (0) 1225 442244 ext 5038