[SC.LUG] ISPs

Martyn Kinder sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Aug 10 20:42:01 2003

I like your Dragons....

ref Radio Telescope,

I already have the basis of Radio Telescope, but am tempted to go down the
22GHz route as I already have two 22GHz receivers (from a satellite downlink
station). I plan to build a short baseline interferometer on a E-W azis and
beamed South but with full declination control. Keeping the baseline short
and using common local oscillators means that I won't have any phase errors
to worry about.

However, the downside is that 22Ghz is very near to a major water absorbtion
line, which means high attenuation. But, there is also a primary Radio
Astronomy Spectrum Allocation in this area, which *should* mean an RF quiet
area and so should not be too susceptible interference.. one can but hope.

KM

Martyn Kinder G0CZD

mailto:martyn@czd.org.uk

http://www.czd.org.uk