[SC.LUG] America

Matthew Tolley sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 20 16:26:00 2003

Historically, people patent something, THEN make money from their
invention - a really great example being Microsoft. DOS was patented when
Bill Gates et al had no money, so I don't see how you can claim patents are
only produced by people with money. It's thanks to patents that we have
electricity (courtesy of Thomas Edison, who was broke at the time). I'll
check out the links but I'm deeply unconvinced so far.

I also detected a hint of resentment against companies with money. Wipe that
chip off your shoulder - think prosperity, not lack and limitation my
friend! Change your thoughts and you'll change your life. If you want money
to come your way, you need to stop resenting it!

Matthew