[SC.LUG] Re: fw message: crewe

Simeon sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat May 3 12:57:01 2003

hmmm,

Just typical, you move out of an area and it promptly fills up with
linux users ;-)

I need to reinstall at some stage - having had a few problems with the
new machine (tracked down to dodgy memory (rather like it's owner))
I've still not put linuc on it, although as I'm using onboard lan and
a few things like that there's driver issues galore!

And I haven't even got as far on the XPC machine; I did start an
installation because nvidia do provide some driver support (again it's
all onboard) but the main installation was less than simple; Mandrake
fell over in all directions (it appeared every other rpm failed to
install, not a good sign) and I didn't quite have the time to
debianise it.

One of these days I'll make it to a meetine although the 14th May
meeting (I'm not making this up am I?) clashes with 2 other things -
typical!

I notice Nantwich has been ADSL-ed - can't be bad :-)

All the best

Simeon