[SC.LUG] Importing Files

Ewan Leith ewan at longwords.org
Sun Nov 9 12:36:36 GMT 2003

you open the netscape mail application, i think you have to create an
account an so on, then click on "Tools" "Import" "Mail" then it will
give you a choice of various email clients - Outlook and Outlook express
are both in there. Once you hit ok, it should sit there for a while,
then populate your netscape inbox with all your emails. You can then
copy the entire directory of mails from windows to linux

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application
Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\randomstuff\Mail

contains all my emails in windows, that's what you'd need to copy to
linux. in linux it's something like /home/user/.netscape/Mail, but you'd
need to check it first.

Ewan