[SC.LUG] Linux Mags?

Neil Lucock neil.lucock at zen.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 21:48:11 BST 2003

On Wednesday 08 Oct 2003 8:30 pm, Rick [Kitty5] wrote:
> Does anyone buy any of the Linux mags? I was looking at one today in
> smoths, but the =A36.49 price tag made me put it back on the shelf

Most of the price is the DVD/CD included. If you have broadband, it's not=20
worth buying a magazine with the DVD, you can get programs yourself.=20
I subscribed to Linux Format, but I find that half of it is too complex for=
=20
me. I also find that I just don't have much time to read magazines. I would=
=20
not buy one at =A36.49 unless it came with a free laptop.
It would be nice to have a magazine without a CD/DVD included. I can't figu=
re=20
out why the DVD version is so much dearer. Are DVDs really a quid dearer th=
an=20
CD-Rs? The (GPL) software isn't expensive, is it?

Neil