[SC.LUG] gentoo linux

Rick [Kitty5] rick at kitty5.com
Tue Oct 14 09:54:40 BST 2003

Ian Molton wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:21:39 +0100
> "Rick [Kitty5]" <rick at kitty5.com> wrote:
>
>>> I installed mandrake 9.1 for someone yesterday and was impressed -
>>> very slick installer
>>
>> Yeah, the installer is the best part of Mandrake.
>
> I need to grab CDs 2 and 3 to try out the rest. Im doing a dual-boot
> install for a friend who wants to 'dabble' a bit.

If you have broadband open the package sources thing and disable all the CD
sources, then pop allong to

http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/

follow the destructions and end up with a load of online urpmi sources.
everything will just download as and when you need it.

Rick

Kitty5 NewMedia http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key