[SC.LUG] gentoo linux

Rick [Kitty5] rick at kitty5.com
Tue Oct 14 20:16:58 BST 2003

Simeon wrote:
> The other's have already given the best advice - Mandrake have a habit
> (IMNSHO) of rushing out with a new version .0 which has lots of flashy
> features but tends to have problems - these get ironed out in the
> point releases (I think the only time they broke this trend was when
> 7.1 knocked the spots of 7.2).

Yeah, I gave up with mandrake .0 releases a long time ago, you only have to
follow the newsgroup to see its just one big headache (made worse by the
dire attitude of many of its regulars)

Rick

Kitty5 NewMedia http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key