[SC.LUG] Postfix configuration information.

Mike Stuart mike at inf0web.com
Sat Oct 18 14:24:42 BST 2003

Hi all,

Just in case my problem and subsequent solution is of any interest to anyone,
I thought I would pass on the info:

My mails to the list were being rejected because my system was declaring
itself as "mobile.inf0web.com" during the SMTP session.  This _is_ the
correct host name for this machine, but I don't wan't mail delivering
directly to this laptop as it moves about a lot.

The postfix directive to cure my problem was in /etc/postfix/main.cf:

myorigin = $mydomain

instead of the default which is

myorigin = $myhost

Special thanks to Richard for chasing this one.
--
Mike Stuart.