[SC.LUG] Any meeting going on?

aroffe at its-linux.co.uk aroffe at its-linux.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 16:46:43 GMT 2003

Hi All,

I have to agree about SUSE 9 being quite nice...

I have a Toshiba Satellite (super built for windows with everything
thingummy)
S9 found and correctly identified all the hardware including:
Internal winmodem, wlan/bluetooth, nvidia geforce vid card et al....
It all worked first go. Had to run online update to update nvidia driver -
licensing restrictions
prevent suse from shipping it with the distro. X restarted and 3D was
enabled, no tweaking at all.

That's a first - never done an install that smooth. fixed the fonts too.

Can't wait to see 9.2 :))

Andy

Need support? Or want to talk to an iTS LiNUX Sales Advisor?
Visit  www.its-linux.co.uk and click Live Support...

For regular news and updates regarding iTS-LiNUX subscribe
to our mailing list at:

http://www.its-linux.co.uk/mail/box.php?nl=1&mlt=no

w: www.its-linux.co.uk
t: (0)1270 213626
f: (0)1270 213926
e: info at its-linux.co.uk

individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including
any attachments) are confidential and may contain privileged
information.

If you are not an intended recipient you must not use, disclose,
disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you receive this email in
error, please delete and destroy the message and notify the sender
by reply email.