[SC.LUG] What a knowledgeable bunch!

Richard Pineger sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 19 10:22:02 2003

Hi all,

Often we both (myself and wiffy) want to do email/webby things after the
little monster is in bed, I could sit next to my wife in the evening so that
we can do it together.

I have the Knoppix PC (56K modem), she has the Win95 laptop but we only have
one phone line.

Any idea how I can connect them together so that we both have web access
through the knoppix modem? This is a bit advanced for me so I don't know
where to start. I have very basic questions like:
- Can I just run a lead with an RJ-45 connector on each end between the two
ethernet cards? (I think I can configure ethernet at both ends).
- I'd prefer to run a separate KDE session on the Win95 box so that she
isn't really running Windoze at all - is that poss?

Just names of tools & apps to look up would be a help.

Hope I'm not asking too much. Thanks in advance,
Rich