[SC.LUG] Farewell

Mark Walker markwalker at connectfree.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 12:47:05 BST 2004

Dear All,
This is a my first post in quite a while and it will be my last.  I
have been won over to Macs and now get my Unix kicks from OSX on an
eMac.  I do have Linux on an iMac (original Bondi Blue), but it is
never turned on these days.

Why the switch - well I am an end user and I got fed up tweaking things
to make them work.  In particular, printers have caused me endless
grief, but with OSX I can run Epson software and I can still access
Open Office and GIMP via X11 ports.  Someday I will learn to live
without nano (or discover that there are console ports as well).  More
particularly I love Mac build quality and I can't see the gain in
trying to dual boot an OSX machine.

So long and thanks for all the fish (fed to the cuddly Tux I won in a
SuSE comp - just about the only competition I have won in my entire
life - it sits on top of my Linux iMac).

Best wishes.

Mark Walker
(who doesn't own a house in Cheshire)