[SC.LUG] Farewell

Mark Walker markwalker at connectfree.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 14:45:45 BST 2004

No not sure, but the eMac manual warns that Mac OS9 cannot be installed
as the primary OS on an eMac, so I didn't know if that meant that they
had changed something in the bootloader that would make linux
unbootable via yaboot.  I just did a quick web search and it seems that
my worries were unfounded although getting x working appears to be
problematic, but doable (according to a thread on Debian-powerpc).

The new emacs are very tempting unfortunately I bought the 1 Ghz
non-USB2 SDRAM superdrive model 3 days before Apple announced the
1.25GHz USB2 DDR models for £150 less than I paid.  NB, for a current
Apple product the eMac the fans are disappointingly noisy (but nothing
like my Athlon hairdryer and quieter than a Rev A iMac), but in sleep
mode the fans do turn right off.

Mark Walker