[SC.LUG] KDE on MacOSX

Mark Walker mnjwalker at mac.com
Fri Apr 30 08:28:04 BST 2004

I took Richard's advice and so far have hung on to my subscription, so
that I can contribute to open source discussion.  As a follow up to
Neil missing KDE on his iBook, assuming that it has OSX, there is now a
native OSX port (i.e., not using Apple X11) of KDE.  It is the complete
KDE 3.2.9 cvs, while takes about 5 hours to install via half meg
broadband.  There is also an a la carte method for 56k users.  For
details see http://kde.opendarwin.org.  Konqueror does graphic
previewing properly, but slowly on a 1000+ image folder.  Konqueror at
present is simply refusing to open flash sites my standard test site is
lordoftherings.net and is doesn't switch to the non-flash site, just a
white screen of dearth, but then Apple's Safari is based on konqueror's
web engine.  I can run kword (removing further the chances of my ever
powering up the Mandrake iMac) and joy of joys I am currently playing
Shishen Sho.

Best wishes.

Mark Walker