[SC.LUG] MySQL frustration

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 14 20:49:20 BST 2004

Hello Simeon,

I've just approved your posts from this new e-mail address,
and you should be able to post from it without subscribing
- but you'll need to in order to receive list mail if
you've let your last e-mail address go :)

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 00:26, Simeon Farrington wrote:

> I've been having a very entertaining week (ok, the brakes went on my car
> whilst driving down a hill while going on holiday and hence I'm now
> stranded!)

Stranded - you drive a manual Nova, don't you? I once
knew someone who commuted 30 miles each way in a similar
size car with no breaks (failed master cylinder) for a
fortnight - jumped it into 2nd gear before the traffic
lights and pulled on the handbrake :-/
(naturally I'm not recommending this ;^)

 - Richard
(occasionally advanced driver ;o)