[SC.LUG] More MySQL (than you'd care to shake a stick at)!

Simeon Farrington swfarrington at beeb.net
Sun Aug 15 21:23:21 BST 2004

Hi Nev

 > Message: 6
 > Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:47:52 +0100
 > From: "nev" <nev at digital-thought.net>
 >
 > hassle me if theres anythin else i can help with :)
 >
 > nev

Here's one which I'm sure you you'll find no problem, but it's the
problem I have with Plus.Net's phpMyAdmin, which I've replicated.

What I'm trying to do (if you remember) is to get a table of data into a
mySQL database. I can do this successfully on the command line using the
syntax:

mysql> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'e:\Dove.txt' INTO TABLE dove FIELDS
TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '"';

However, when I have tried to get the same thing to work using the
phpMyAdmin wizard (which is my only choice at Plus.Net I get an error:

"Error

SQL-query :

LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'C:\\WINDOWS\\TEMP\\php23.tmp' INTO TABLE `dove`

#1148 - The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version"

Any ideas how I get this to work? This is the same input file in both cases.

Thanks

Simeon