[SC.LUG] Mandrake 10.1 incredibly slow browsing on a small number of sites

Robert Marshall robert at chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Dec 27 17:48:26 GMT 2004

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, David Holden wrote:

>  Well if wget is having problems I suspect it is not browser related
>  however
> you could try saving the page and seeing if it reads in locally ok,

Hadn't tried that but it appears to load ok

> and
> try turning off some browser features (images/javascript etc)

Tried no images and no javascript and no java but still at a glacier like
speed

> You could try "links".

Timed out - it's default time out is shorted than firefox - but still
quite long enough!!

I'm gradually convincing myself that it's something bizarre to do with the
network settings that ntl doesn't like but I'm at a loss as to what!

Maybe I shall try putting ipv6 back (I disabled it before I was aware of
this issue) and see if anything changes!

Robert
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/
Robert Marshall