[SC.LUG] welcome...

Gareth Westwood gareth at wffsystems.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 14:46:54 GMT 2004

Richard Smedley wrote:

> Welcome to Gareth Westwood, who's just joined the list.

Hi everyone, only just realised that these posts aren't getting
frorwarded to my main Inbox (totaly forgot that they wouldn't be To:
<Me>) bugger.

> Hello Gareth, you appear to have joined in the middle of
> an (all-too-rare) flame-fest (risc vs x86), so I guess that
> you'll be seeing us at our most active :^)

No probs, am used to seeing Ian flame away ;-)

/me retreats to safe distance shouting _please don't kill me_

> Aside from our tech-talk and mindless chatter on the
> list, we have fairly regular meetings: technical talks tend
> to be in South Cheshire and purely social meetings in
> the north.

Social, sounds like beer may be involved. gooooood.

> There'll be a meeting on Samba on 2 March - details
> to follow.

Samba meeting sounds realy cool. Am working on a patch to make it work
on a read only root right this very moment (well not *right* now, coz
I'm typing this, but once it's sent I'll carry on..........) Also
looking into how that will affect the unix password sync, function of
samba (and if it is sensible to circumvent that somehow.)

The date has officialy been added to my diary.

> - Richard

Gareth Westwood
WFF Systems Ltd

www.wffsystems.co.uk

Disclaimer: WFF Systems Ltd - This email and any files transmitted with
it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed.  Access, copying, dissemination
or re-use of information in it by anyone else is unauthorised. If you
have received this message in error, please contact us by return of
mail. Although this e-mail and its attachments have been screened and
are believed to be free from any virus, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that they are virus free. WFF Systems Ltd will not
accept liability for any damage caused by a virus.