[SC.LUG] expanding lug?

John Southern john at sinoda.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 14:55:54 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 03 Feb 2004 1:41 pm, Richard Smedley wrote:

> Ah, that'll cover up the deficiencies of a
> compressed version of 16-bit digital with
> a ludicrouslly low sampling frequency, then ;-)

It helps with the Aqua album that I am listening to.

Maybe in an ideal world I would spend a small fortune and buy every track on
vinyl with valves and decent speakers, but considering the small fortune is
likely to be spent by wife, if it ever appears, what should I be doing?

MP3 vs Ogg vs straight CD track copy vs vinyl ripped via soundcard? Which is
better for sound quality?

What should I be doing for archiving purposes?

Does anyone record streammed radio?

A DAC - Yes why not.
Steam engine - What interface and baud rate?

QL group - Ah touchy subject today. I predict its final demise within a year
because they have nominated me to the committee due to sudden membership
fall. This is mainly due to the magazine going bi-monthly and the new systems
costing about £800.

John