Democracy (was : RE: [SC.LUG] Bill Gates to be Knighted?)

Matthew Tolley matthew at matthewtolley.com
Tue Feb 3 18:12:11 GMT 2004

Signature requirement - let's correct myself - 1% of the eligible
population, or 10,000 signatures, whichever is the lesser.

And if your household thinks it can handle its education, or provide for its
health or security, better than the local authority - why shouldn't you have
the power to opt out??

All for it!