Drummer wanted [Re: [SC.LUG] expanding lug- jam session?]

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 3 21:57:36 GMT 2004

Neil Lucock wrote:

>we've got someone (Richard) into microphones, presumably he can sing.

A, how many great plans fall on false
presumptions =^)

>John is a piano player, I can play guitar, so we need a drummer, a bass
>player and another guitarist.

However I'm happy to volunteer as
rhythm guitarist  counterpart to
Andy's lead guitar pyrotechnics ;-)

>Know the words to "Child in Time" Richard? (start with
>AAAAAAAAH-AAAAAH-AAh very loud. Repeat for 10 minutes)

Hmm, perhaps I'm better confining my
unreliable light tenor voice to backing vocals? 8-)

>Let there be rock!

Indeed, I'm sure we all know the same three
chords - we could probably play a gig at the
next expo or FOSDEM ;)

I expect with keyboards we can manage
without a bass if we have to (I have before),
so all we need is a Mo Tucker sound-alike
on drums and we're ready to go.....

.... the 7/4 rhythm on the Free Software
Song may need some practice work,
though ;-)