[SC.LUG] Re: 1. expanding lug? 2. kernel 3. welcome

Robert Marshall robert at chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 16:40:22 GMT 2004

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004, Richard Smedley wrote:

> Robert Marshall wrote:
>
>>> Ok, I think we've done the unthinkable... we've developed sci-fi
>>> trippier than Barbarella ;-)
>>

> So the password is
> Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantisiliogogogoch?

now there's a good justification of emacs!
Ll<ESC-/>

> A similar time would be made were I to play my LP version
> 24 times - it has Reinbert de Leeuw playing the piece 35
> times (Philips PH 410 435-1  - p1983)
>    It was de Leeuw who attempted the first performance by a
> single pianist in Amsterdam in 1967. It failed as the caretaker
> closed the building down at 1a.m. insisting that  no-one had
> told him there would be an all-night performance 8-)

We once got closed down attempting to perform some work in the same
vein, due to the racket.
Can't remember the title, something to do with moutons?
Ahhhh.. After a google it must be Les Moutons de Panurge

And you can even get the score!
http://icking-music-archive.org/scores/rzewski/mouton.pdf

Has 65 notes, you performed (loudly!) notes

1
1 2
1 2 3
1 2 3 4
1 ..........65
2...........65
64 65
65

>> Now there's an idea for the next SCLUG meeting....
>>
>> We went to the Satie museum in Honfleur last summer - strongly
>> recommended!
>>

> Will try it when I can.

You can even see the piano at the museum playing Satie all by itself

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.marshall15/Photos/Caen2003/

yes I know the quality of the pictures is dreadful - that was digital
camera mk 1, but I didn't hear it do vexations

<non-OT reference snipped!>

Robert