Democracy (was : RE: [SC.LUG] Bill Gates to be Knighted?)

Matthew Tolley matthew at matthewtolley.com
Wed Feb 4 21:08:27 GMT 2004

Certainly not.

But how can an illiterate person understand the questions on a ballot paper?

If someone wants to vote they'll probably decide that they need a little
literacy, if they don't have it already. The system will encourage more
self-development. In any case I think most areas would keep an education
program for the young anyway. Plus parents naturally want to give their kids
the best possible start in life anyway.