[SC.LUG] Linux Cisco VPN Client

Andy Roffe aroffe at its-linux.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 14:17:38 GMT 2004

Hey Jonathan,

Jonathan Dwerryhouse wrote:

>Hi
>
>Don't suppose anyone knows of a VPN client I can use on Linux?  I need to
>connect to a Pix 501.  It looks like Cisco have discontinued all
>support/docs on their Linux client which seems absolutely absurd!

Assuming your are using the pricey addon for decent ciphers then
freeswan will do what you
need. Linux client to PIX. I'm not aware of any GUI based client
although you could use
webmin to config freeswan.

http://www.freeswan.org/

Be aware though that cisco's interpretation of IPsec is a bit flexible.
Freeswan is a bit of a black art but very stable. I've got a freeswan
VPN with 282 days uptime
so far.

best

Andy