[SC.LUG] Home wanted for old box and scanner

Simeon Farrington swfarrington at beeb.net
Sun Feb 29 17:26:35 GMT 2004

Hi all

Had an "urge to clear out" (translation, I'm revising and quite frankly
everything is more interesting than the notes I need to learn) and I
find in the cupboard a home-build Cyrix P233MX which was working last
time I checked (it was my old mail/web/server/gateway/coffee table etc)
but it's just gathering dust now.

So, if anyone can provide a home for it, or wants its innards for spares
etc, please give me a call (07734 256445) - I can't make next week's
meeting (which I guess makes a change from intending to go but not
actually making it) so unfortunately won't be bringing it into the local
domain of SC ;) soon.

I also have an old UMAX 1220S (SCSI) flatbed scanner which works under
SANE happily. Unfortunately the SCSI card I used with it was dropped
from the Windoze supported hardware; on upgrading to my current machine
it thus meant that if I was dual booting it was either spend money on a
new card, or the same amount for a new scanner! Again, it's taking up
valuable space; to my knowledge it's working (I may even be able to find
the 'doze software for it if you want!) but it's free to a (good?) home.

I'm in Hazel Grove if anyone is itching to get their hands on this
bleeding edge kit and wants to pick it up  - first come first served ;)

Simeon
(p.s. if you want to email off list, can you direct to
swfarrington at totalise.co.uk - the beeb.net address is on a whitelist so
very little actually gets through (previously heavily SPAMed address))