[SC.LUG] Bill Gates to be Knighted?

Jason Lucas jason at industrialarchaeology.co.uk
Sun Jan 25 22:55:21 GMT 2004

Or, as commonly quoted by Archaeologists - it's not what you know, it's
who you know. Weber wrote some stuff about that - essentially it's the
old boy's/girl's network. i.e - never underestimate the power of the
Women's Institute, or indeed, the existent Aristocracy. There is no such
thing as a truly democratic society. Never has been, never will be.

However, I would be interested in views on how a purely democratic
society would work.

Jason.