[SC.LUG] Bill Gates to be Knighted?

David Holden dh at iucr.org
Mon Jan 26 15:22:07 GMT 2004

On Monday 26 Jan 2004 11:23 am, Rick [Kitty5] wrote:
> To be fair, MrB has done some very noteworthy things for charity and win95
> (much as we hate it) did set the stage for the consumer PC revolution.
> Hopefully the Queen will slip with that sword and take his eye out :)
>
> Rick
>
> Kitty5 NewMedia http://Kitty5.com
> POV-Ray News & Resources http://Povray.co.uk
> TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - ICQ : 15776037
>
> PGP Public Key : http://pgp.kitty5.com

To be honest I think this ranks along with people who say princess diana did a
lot for charity, maybe but it required very little effort on her part.. what
else was she going to do with her time, Similarly what else is Gates going to
do with his money..

Personally I think its outrageous to give someone a honour when their company
is effectively "stealing" billions of pounds from the NHS budget due to
monopolistic practices.

  regards,

 Dave.

--