[SC.LUG] Anyone use MRTG?

Seth Kneller seth at autismisanotherworld.com
Fri Mar 12 01:34:57 GMT 2004

Greg Bolshaw wrote:

> Here's what I did to get it to that stage:
> http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/net-snmp/net-snmp-5.1.tar.gz
> 1)  Installed net-snmp and mrtg plus dependencies.
> 2)  Executed `snmpconf -g basic-setup` for guided snmpd.conf creation.
> 3)  Executed `cfgmaker linuxtech_snmp at localhost \
>               --output=/var/www/dev.linuxtechnologies.co.uk/mrtg.cfg`
>     to automagically create the mrtg.cfg.
> 4)  Added "RunAsDaemon: Yes" to mrtg.cfg.
> 5)  Started MRTG using `mrtg mrtg.cfg`.

Hi Greg,

I have been following your instructions above and compiled net-snmp
version 5.1 from source. However when I get to the part where I have to
run snmpconf I get an error:

#: snmpconf -g basic-setup
no such group basic-setup

What am I doing wrong? Are you using the same version of net-snmp? Did
you compile from source? I tried using the debian package but in Woody
it appears to be quite out of date - version 4.3 to be exact.

Thanks,

--
Seth