[SC.LUG] Alderley Meeting

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 13 19:11:06 GMT 2004

Jason Lucas wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>If there are no objections, then the next Alderley meeting will be on
>Wednesday 24th March from 8pm at the Merlin. As we had an interesting
>discussion on this on the LUG a little while ago, I would suggest a
>theme of 'Democracy in the 21st Century - Electronic voting and the
>future role of politicians'

Wouldn't it be better if politicians didn't have a future
role in anything (except, perhaps, a long walk on a
short pier ;-) ?

As to e-voting: it's in theory rather worrying - but in
practice whatever happens, we'll still end up with a
government :-(

 See you in Alderley,

 - Richard

/still recovering from hard disk crash, but glad
to be up and running again on Debian Unstable,
downloaded through a 33k dial-up :-/