[SC.LUG] Robotics

David Bean david at dbean.uklinux.net
Tue Mar 16 22:52:30 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 21:57, Jason Lucas wrote:
> Just a thought, but is anyone in the LUG interested in robotics R&D?

Yup, I'm currently trying to learn how to use the USART on a Microchip
PIC 16f877A. I've just modified an open source programmer to support 4
new chips I have.

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 22:27, Jason Lucas wrote:
> I was thinking more along the lines of an autonomous robot - something
> with legs and AI. Pity I don't have the cash/workshop/mechanical
> engineering experience to have a go a building one. (I'm OK with the
> electronics & programming side of it.)

How many legs were you thinking of? 2 or 6/8? I'm interested in creating
something but lack cash/workshop too. I'd like either an 8 legged spider
robot (toy) or an R2D2 like smart transport (specifically coffee) robot.

I'd definately be in for helping with whatever I can if anyone is
considering such a project.

David Bean