[SC.LUG] Robotics

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Mar 17 02:07:57 GMT 2004

On 16 Mar 2004 21:57:18 +0000
Jason Lucas <jason at industrialarchaeology.co.uk> wrote:

> Just a thought, but is anyone in the LUG interested in robotics R&D?

Every time I watch robot wars I think how simple it would be to make one
that was controlled by a computer.

my idea would be to have a camera watching the arena in the 'box' and a
brightly coloured robot. then a simple (very simple) bit of linear
algebra allows you to de-perspeciveise the arena and let the computer
see things in 2D. from then on control is a simple matter of allowing
the computer to control the robot withing an 'envelope' of its known
capabilities.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with
ketchup.