[SC.LUG] Robotics

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Mar 17 16:55:03 GMT 2004

On 17 Mar 2004 12:49:50 +0000
Jason Lucas <jason at industrialarchaeology.co.uk> wrote:

> True, however I was thinking of something a bit more ambitious than a
> robot wars type of machine - perhaps something that could be adapted for
> 'real world' usage. I'll do a little research and we can throw some
> ideas around at the next meeting.

what would be very interesing would be if anyone can get hold of cheap supplies.

For example, many of my projects have fallen over due to lack of stuff like small motors and gearboxes, linear actuators - that sort of thing. The problem isnt getting them, its getting more than one the same, as I cant afford much more than 'reclaimed' stuff...

Im looking at USB interfaced microcontrollers for building control systems I can plug into my PC, too - something like the EZ USB or SL811

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.