[SC.LUG] Robotics

Gareth Westwood gareth at wffsystems.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 17:02:46 GMT 2004

Jason Lucas wrote:

>What we could really do with is setting up a Linux IT lab where we can
>pool our resources an work on a few projects. The problem is: where? -
>I've already spoken to the local museum (lots of space at the Heritage
>Centre), but they are not interested. I'll continue to look around the
>Macclesfield area, but I feel that renting a venue will be too expensive
>for us unless we can find a way of raising some revenue. Any
>suggestions/ideas?
>

>BTW - A letter in this month's Computer Shopper suggested that computer
>education in the UK at GCSE/A-level was 'abysmal'. Can anyone comment on
>that?

Well, not wishing to make Richard feel any worse, but, I had to teach my
IT teacher because he wasn't realy an IT teacher. Ended up with a C at
GCSE, not that it has stoped me.

>Jason.

Gareth Westwood
WFF Systems Ltd

www.wffsystems.co.uk

Disclaimer: WFF Systems Ltd - This email and any files transmitted with
it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed.  Access, copying, dissemination
or re-use of information in it by anyone else is unauthorised. If you
have received this message in error, please contact us by return of
mail. Although this e-mail and its attachments have been screened and
are believed to be free from any virus, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that they are virus free. WFF Systems Ltd will not
accept liability for any damage caused by a virus.